Friday, May 9, 2008

Grocery Shopping

Today I am not feeling well at all. My cold is worse and I have no voice at all! I have been trying to talk to myself to get it to work, but only slight scratchy sounds are coming out! So, I have been either napping or on the computer all day, but had to venture out to get food and water. For those interested in prices, etc., here are a few of the things I bought:

500 ml water 112 forints
500 ml water 112
330 ml orange juice 213
1.2 ltr water 145
3 bananas 197
clothes detergent 475
Yogurt 70
Yogurt - different kind to try 66
Bag of peanuts 117
Big fat loaf of crusty bread 117
Cheese 333
Cheese - another kind - Gourmet 738
Single serve instant coffee mix 38

TOTAL 2.787

(Most of Europe uses the comma and decimal in the opposite places than we do in our numbers. So that is read 2,787 forints.)

Please, no comments on the items I purchased! It was a small store, I can't talk at all, let alone in Hungarian to get help, and I was really thirsty!!

This converts to $17.05. I paid over $4.00 for the one cheese and paid less than $3 for the clothes detergent. The bread cost the same as the peanuts - less than 75 cents! No other produce looked decent to buy - will have to go back to the market for that!

No comments: