Saturday, April 18, 2009

Off to Pécs

The rest of my first week back was great. It was good to see students and share candz and stickers with them. You wouldn't think high school students would get so excited about stickers, but they really do love them! I played Scrabble with a few of the dorm students on Thursday night and I could really see the progress the two beginning students have made. They translated what was going on for another student who studies German, and they conversed in English as we played the game.

Later on Thursday night I texted with Jamie and Tara and found out that Tara was unable to go to Pecs as the two of them had planned. I was toying with the idea of going, so that made up my mind. So, here I am in Pecs with Jamie. It was a 7 hour train ride after school last night. Boy, the trains in the west are sure nicer than the trains in our eastern side of the country! The train from Budapest to Pecs had tables between all of the seats, and plug-ins also - unheard of on the trains I usually take around Kisvarda.

We were able to catch the last bus from the train station to the central square and then it was just a short walk to our hostel. I am anxious to get out and explore as I think this square is the best I have seen so far in Hungary! I'll let you know!

No comments: