Friday, October 3, 2008

The bathroom

Ok, the bathroom. First there is no mirror. Not just in the bathroom, but anywhere in the apartment. I have requested one be put in the bathroom above the sink. I did that two days ago, so guess I'd better ask again! (When I get to the teacher's room, I first go to the mirror to see how my hair turned out!)

The bathtub presents a problem for me. The bathtub is narrower than those in the US and the length of the tub is against the wall, with the facets along this long side also. From the facet is a hand-held shower head on a 2 foot hose. There is no shower curtain around the tub and no way for me to put one up. Ok, are you starting to get the picture?

If I stand, the shower head doesn't not reach above my head, and anyway, would get water everywhere (more on this later). If I sit, I'm sardined-in, and still get water on the floor. So, I have developed a half-sit/half-squat stance that is a challenge, but is working. Another incentive to lose weight - although I don't think it is possible to lose enough in a school y ear to fit into the tub!

Ok, the water on the floor. In the bathroom is a mop and bucket. It's express purpose is to mop up the water from the splashes from the shower! I saw this last time I was here and had it confirmed by Lu who had just returned from here.

My approach to the bathroom is to have an extra towel on the floor, wash my hair only once a week, and to lose weight by next week so I can sit in the tub! lol

Oh, I almost forget the most exciting thing about the bathroom! When squating in the tub or using the toilet in the morning, I can hear the Greek Catholic mass and singing coming from the chapel on the other side of my bathroom wall! (Means they must be able to hear me too!)

No comments: