Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election

As we move into evening here, America is lining up at the polls. Yesterday and today I have been asked by a number of teachers who I wanted for president: all are awaiting the election results.
One teacher told me that Barack Obama's name means "peach" in Hungarian. Peach Brandy, or Pa'linka is the national drink here. Apparently some town here is sending or sent peaches and pa'linka to him.... Searched for this on google, and instead found another CETP teacher's blog telling the same story.... felt like such a lurker.
When I went into Nyregyhaza a few weeks ago for my work visa (which still isn't here), the headmaster wanted to know if the American people would accept a "black man" as president.
The Budapest Sun - an English Language newspaper - says if Hungarians were to vote, they would elect Obama.
Will be interesting in the morning here to hear all of the comments and speculations about our future president.

No comments: