Monday, December 15, 2008

Great day

Am going to try to post more often with my daily activities and thoughts and discoveries....we'll see! (Yea, just like I am going to exercise every day.)

I made it out the door this morning to walk -- that's three days in a row. Am thinking of how much walking we did in Prague and how much lies before me with Austria and Paris, so thought I'd best keep it up. I should have gone earlier, or taken a different route though, cause on my way back, the streets were BUSY with kids and parents and others heading to school and work. Two kids stopped me and asked if I had been running - yea, right - and then one of the students in 9E said she saw me from the bus. Tomorrow, a bit earlier.

There are two owls in the trees in the courtyard between my building and the school canteen! They have been there the last few weeks, and I got a photo today! Kind of cool!

Had three classes today and only one was affected (e or a?) by the railroad strike, with 4 students absent. Kind of funny - no teachers even mentioned it to me. It wouldn't cross Edit's mind, Istvan was preoccupied, and actually when talking to Marianna about students and work, she did mention one kid was out because of the strike. Two of the classes had homework assignments to turn in, and neither of them did it. Had them work on writing and then speaking in class, and then marked them down one mark for not having done it as homework. Haven't really gotten any guidance on marking down students, but seems reasonable. In the 9E beginners, some of the kids have still been out of control. I had to talk to them sternly at the end of class - - kind of funny trying to do it in simple, single words, as these kids are in their first year -- 4th month - of learning English. This is the last chance - next I will go to their homeroom teacher. Still had a good class though - I really like this age group.

One day I will tell you about the Naplo", the teacher's grade book. I think I am finally figuring it out, but will wait to explain until I know I have it figured out...what a pain.

I signed up to go to My Fair Lady in Nyiregyhaza with the other teachers via bus after school on January 12. Should be fun!

Oh, one of the teachers told me that I should hurry down to the office and place my order for sausages -- they would be a good thing for me to take on my trip! Apparently, the teachers are combining an order to get a discount! I didn't run anywhere.....

1 comment:

maryjrowland@aol.com said...

Good morning Margie, Glad your doing well. It all looks like a blast. Sent you some emails, they could have possibly gone to your 'spam'.....(?) Keep in touch. Hope your Holidays are merry ones. You look like your having the time of your life! Blessings, Mary R