Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You can take the girl out of Alaska....

but you just can't take Alaska out of the girl! I smell like campfire and I love it!

Tonight I finally got to have a fire with the students from the dorm with the goodies I brought back at Easter time. First lesson was what a marshmellow is and how it tastes. Second lesson was to try the graham cracker. No need to try the chocolate - they are quite experienced with that!

Then on to the fire being just right,


how to cook the marshmellow and what to do if it catches fire: DO NOT swing it around to put out the fire!


All went well and they loved the s'mores, including the teacher. The only thing missing was the beach and the sunset over the Chilkats!




A'gi, 9E A'ginene, Dorm Teacher



4 comments:

Christie said...

had they never had marshmallows??!! wow, that's great. i'm gonna do that too!! who knew my campfire skills could possibly come in handy in life... not me, that's for sure.

it looks like you had a blast. :)

Girdgirl said...

Yummy - good job Margie. I had less luck getting my students to try Vegemite!

Claudette said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Great job exposing them to something most of us take for granted.

JoEllen said...

Margie - kudos to your choices for this year! It looks like you are having a great time. Wow ... what a difference - will you ever be able to settle back into Juneau and state work again? I hope you don't have to!! So great to see your adventure .... would love to talk more with you about it if you do come back to Juneau.