Thursday, February 19, 2009

And the week marches on... (updated 2-20)

Well, the snotty little girl in my 9E advanced class was very nice and participated in the work on Wednesday. And Wednesday's lesson at the dorm was fun, as I taught them some nursery rhymes and kid songs like hokey pokey. These are mostly 9th and 10th grade girls, so they thought it was fun, and we worked on two songs in Hungarian for me. One was about a cow with spots,no ears, no tail, but needed to be milked and another was about a duckling riding on it's mother's back. Good way for me to work on my pronunciation of their confusing letters. One of the girls gave me a hug when we were done!

I also had a one-on-one lesson with David and we talked about the differences in houses and appliances between here and the US. We ended up walking down to the appliance store and looking at appliances and talking about the differences, why, and how they work. Kind of fun for both of us.

Today one of my class lessons was on persuading, and when I walked into the room, they begged me to go out to have a snow ball fight. So I told them the lesson was on persuading, and to persuade me and they did a pretty good job. So out we headed to the playing field and they threw snowballs until their hands were frozen!

I can't believe I forgot this! I shared peanut butter in my two 10E classes on Wednesday and Thursday. It was NOT a hit. I think out of all the kids, only one at the whole piece of bread (which was just a quarter of a slice). All the rest really did not like it. They associated it with Nutella which is sweet, so were surprised when it wasn't. One boy even gagged a little on the smell! How can this be so different here? But, I told them I was not too excited about all of their chicken liver paste that they make sandwhichs out of, and they couldn't understand that....

No comments: