Friday, February 20, 2009

Farsang

Tonight is the dance for the 9th and 10th year students for Farsang (carnival). First the homeroom teachers did a performance and then each of the classes did a performance. Except 10E. And boy, are they going to get it! Somehow their CD with the music got lost, then found, then broken! They did not want to do the performance in the first place and were threatened with no class trip if they didn't do it, so I am not sure what is going to happen now. Except I do know that the teacher already signed the contract for the bus (but the kids don't know that!)

I have posted photos on Picasso: http://picasaweb.google.com/margie510/Farsang#

I am now sitting in my flat, about 30 feet away from the gym where the techno music is blasting from until 11pm tonight.....just an hour to go! This gives me time to reflect over and over again on the success of the two worst students in 12A beginners - well, worst of all my students actually. Today, they successfully recited the 6 lines required for making a hotel reservation on the phone. I would have hugged them, but they were in the back row, so instead I blew them kisses! And gave them stickers. I couldn't believe they actually did it. I was so excited it really made my day!

No comments: