Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Morning...before 7:45am

I slowly come to consciousness...(thinking to self) oh, ya! Book club this morning...alarm hasn't rung yet, I have time to go to the bathroom and make coffee before they call. (5:30am)

Padding off to the bathroom in my slippers... oh yea, I have 2 substitutions today, and I have 9E again 1st period, and I don't know what I am going to do with them. Get the coffee going...turn on the computer...oh, good still have time. Check email..a few emails, but nothing from the kids.

Turn on skype. Nope, book club is not on line yet. Oh, others are, and they might call me...hope they don't cause if book club calls at the same time, it will go directly to voice mail. Oh, the alarm...forgot to turn it off since I woke up before it rang.

Hmm, still no call, get coffee, better think about 9E. What the heck am I going to do; I've got them at 7:45? Peruse their text book. Ok, can/can't; could have; emotions... Already reviewed can and can't yesterday in two of the three classes I had with them...start searching Internet...wait, is book club on yet? nope, search internet...nothing free, nothing new....hmmm, they are 10 minutes late. Call Sandy's home phone. Recording. Call Shawna's cell phone. Direct to voice mail. search "ESL feelings", not much. Darn them. Call Sandy's home phone, leave message. Call Shawna's cell phone, yea, she answers! Having hard time with wireless on her computer at Sandy's house...be patient...if they can't get it to work, Shawna will call me on her cell and put me on speaker phone....back to kitchen, water and vitamins, hmm, do I have clothes to wear? Yep, ironed on Sunday...ok, don't need to wash hair this morning, but really need to figure out what to do with 9E. And 11E and 10E later, but will have a gap and will worry about 10E then...oh, yea, classes are just 1/2 an hour today 'cause potential students and parent meeting this afternoon....ok, what's in that 9E book again? Ah, why'd I search "feelings", should have searched "emotions"...yea, phone rings. "Hi....hello?....hello?" dead air. click. wait. phone rings. "hello, can you hear me this time?" Yea, "HI MARGIE"! Half hour of chatting with my book club friends, catching up with their lives; the new baby, the baby-to-be; the tri-athlete; the retiree with the new job; and the ol' standbys - Shawna and Louise. Lots of laughs, chatting, and good feelings. Multi-tasking: still looking for work sheet I can use...oh here's one I can alter, print. "Sorry, making too much noise with the printer."...oh good, something I can use...and I can review "Itsy-bitsy spider" that we did yesterday...even the boys liked that one.... "Ok friends, goodbye". Oh shit, getting late, must hurry. Milk on the granola to start softening it; clothes from the closet to the bathroom...grab the granola, sit in front of the computer, alter the worksheet, print, oh, here's a wordsearch that will work too...print. Run for bathroom, sponge bath, dress, grab books, pens, white board markers, printed worksheets, earrings in...pause: ok, is that everything?! Yep, sunny day, going to be a fun day...maybe I'll wear my clogs instead of my boots...so tired of winter boots....out the door.

"Yo reggelt", "Hello", "Good morning" as I pass students on my way to the main building...oh, there is Aniko, haven't seen her at all this week since I haven't had dinner in the canteen. Need to get pictures of Friday's event to her...cute pic and video of her. Ok, into the teacher's room...be efficient...only a few minutes...grab copy paper from my desk, coat off, grab originals, off to the copy machine...good, no line..."Good morning Marianne"... better make a few extra copies....whew, no jams, copies done, back into the main room. Hmm, men are in suits! Oh, yea, parents meeting this afternoon. Lot of activity....2 minutes to the bell...oh, I've got THAT room, so I need the key. Quick look around, no one with key is in the room. Aw, Monika is coming back in, I signal to her that I need the key. She looks at me, says something to another English teacher, and Edit behind me says, "Oh there is no 1st period, we are going to church for the first day of Lent."

2 comments:

CS said...

sorry... but I LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I got to your last line... only in Hungary! Makes you appreciate the time you have to grab an extra cup of coffee though right?

Brieggy said...

Hilarious! I love it. Carla is right...that is the epitome of a Hungary moment!