Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spring?

Just took a long walk from the Hospital back to the school and I saw "snowdrop" flowers blooming in a number of yards right up against the houses! Seems early, but it was last spring that I fell in love with Hungary, so maybe/hopefully I will be able to enjoy a long spring this year.

Today was my 6 class day - 7:45 until 1:05 with 10 minute breaks between the classes. The day sure does go by quickly! I printed a Bullwinkles Pizza Parlor menu and used it in one of the classes today. They need to be able to order pizza (and maybe other food) for their final exam. So I had fun, answering the phone, "Bullwinkles Pizza, how can I help you?" They put corn on their pizza here, and it actually tastes pretty good! We had pizza in the teacher's room on Tuesday for the headmaster's name day and it had a white sauce and the corn, and I loved it. Also, they do cut their pizza into slices like we do in the US, which I did not see in Germany or Italy.

My third period class wrote Happy Birthday on the board for me and gave me a box of chocolates and a flower. This is the same class that sang Happy Birthday to me for Molly's Birthday too. They are really sweet kids, but could study their English a bit more!

Went to see the ENT for the second time due to my ears. They ran two tests and determined my hearing is fine and my problems with my ears all stem from sinus congestion -- which just doesn't seem to want to go away. Got a different spray and will use for week, plus put dry heat on the right side of my face and hope it will finally clear up.

Mom sent me Valentine's Day stickers and smiley face stickers that say "Good Job", etc. I passed them out to kids in two classes today as they did their work. They loved them! These are high school students! What an incentive. Will use the Valentine ones next week.

Have a busy evening as I need to do laundry, pack for Budapest and make sure I am ready for my classes tomorrow. I will leave right after 6th period. Looking forward to the weekend.

No comments: