Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ants....and spring

I have had ants in my bathroom and then this weekend saw some in the kitchen. I reported it to the "charachter" and received a spray bottle of ant killer. So, both floors have been mopped really well, and I sprayed around the cracks last night. Saw one ant today on the bathtub rim....where do they come from? Will keep everything out of the bathroom one more day and then will mop and spray again before I leave for the weekend. Hopefully this will be the end of them...

Had a beautiful warmish sunny spring day today. Was able to wear just a light jacket around the school. I went for a long walk and by the time I got back to school, there was a big black cloud in the sky. Just got hit with a few drops, and it looks like it will pass on. This must be the weather I used to read about in novels set on the great plains. It is just so flat here, the wind can pick up, and the weather can change quickly. Many people have been working in their gardens and the tulips and daffodils are up about an inch and a half. Even saw some buds on trees.....

The crocus that the students gave me for International Woman's Day is in full bloom and scent. Wonderful! Love it.

No comments: