Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Walking down the street...

Walking down the street the other day, I saw a young child by herself in a car that was running outside a store. Although this is not something I see often, I was not surprised by it. And, it made me think about the other things I see when I walk down the street that I have become accustomed to. They aren’t huge differences, but they all add up:

An elderly lady in nice clothing and boots smoking a cigarette while riding a bike down the street.

Men and women walking around carrying a wicker basket full of goods they just bought.

Friends – teenage and adult – walking down the street holding hands.

A person pushing a bicycle that has a large package on it, ie, a big bag of something on the back, multiple bags hanging from the handle bars, etc.

A young couple “making-out” at the bus stop.

Women in spiked heeled boots, walking through the ice and snow with the confidence of someone wearing cleats.

Impeccably dressed women with their hair dyed bright red.

No comments: